Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Reinvention

Have any of you thought about reinventing yourself? Getting in touch with your true passion? If you could do anything what would it be?

I, after some thought would be a store owner up cycled, retro, vintage and craft things. I like when people see things that remind them of their past and of happy times. 


My dad owned a store for so many years and we as his children were never given the option to have a business like that. We were told you need to go to school, after a while that's all I thought I could do was go to school. I never did go to college, I had my first child when I was 19 and then 4 more children later I lost sight of myself, my dreams and goals.

So many of us get caught up in the day to day we forget to make memories, smile, laugh make connections with old friends. I want that in my life. I want to see people be happy I want to help people create crafts, help people find that one piece to a china set their grandmother gave them. I want my children to see what passion is and to discover their own. I have started this to some degree with my online shops and now just need to grow the seeds I have planted. Check them out... www.projectrandom.etsy.com and www.projectstockpile.etsy.com.

I will have to work hard, make sacrifices but it will all be worth it. I want to be in control of my future for what I want, not what society thinks I should be doing.
I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Whats for dinner? we will be having chicken alfredo.

No comments:

Post a Comment