Thursday, January 12, 2012

Being a Mom



One of the hardest most underpaid jobs around I think. I do everything I can for my kids and still teach them lessons that I feel they need to know. I am truthful, respectful, open and honest with all of our kids, my 5 and my husband has 4, we are a modern day Brady Bunch. There are times when I feel overwhelmed with all the kids and trying to give everyone the attention they need. I don't spoil them with possessions I try really hard to teach them you have to work for things, so I say no a lot. 


 We had a really hard time this last Christmas if it were not for our families our kids would have had no gifts. We struggle just like every-other family, we make it a point to tell our kids when they complain that we have a roof, food on the table and we are all pretty healthy. 
There are times when I hear about my kids friends what they have, are doing and I get a little down but then I remember the kind of family we are and how much my kids love our home we have created. I could not be more proud of my kids they are so smart, caring and conscience of people around them. Don't get me wrong there are some mornings I wake up and the shouting between siblings has started before they even get out of bed. They think I ignore them and I don't, its just for me I pick my battles what lesson can I teach from what ever they are yelling about, and will we be laughing about this later? For example yesterday my 8 year old son had a piece of glass in his knee it took 45 minutes to get it out, the girls all laughed at his crying, I got frustrated and walked away to make our dinner many times and in the end when he looked away I pulled it out. While we ate dinner we all laughed about it.
I have been asked several times over the last 17 years of being a mom "who does a better job stay at home moms or working moms?" We all do our best job that we can. Some moms need to work, some need to stay home I cant judge anyone's situation or why there kid is yelling at the store. I can just know my truth and that at the end of the day I loved my kids as best as I can, I hugged them, kissed them and listened with all my heart.

Have a great day all!


Whats for dinner? We are having BLTs, and a salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment