Thursday, August 18, 2011

Well tomorrow I am off to work with my dad on stoves, weird you might think if you didn't know me but actually I was raised with vintage stoves all around me. My father has rebuilt Wedgewood's and  O Keefe & Merritt stoves for more than 40 years.


 They are so beautiful when they are all shiny and finished. He completely takes them apart, down to the bones and rebuilds them. A few months ago he approached me with passing the business down to me and would like to teach it to me. So I have been going to what I call Stove University and filling my brain with all that he knows. It is also a very special time we spend together. I get to hear how he has made it through the business, I get to share things with him, makes our bond stronger.

Here he is riding my bike a few weekends ago, crazy old guy.

Till next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment