Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Projects from the past

   Recently I have a rekindled passion for my hand embroidery. I have been taking a class that has helped me take it to the next level. I was looking at supplies, both online and in hobby stores, only to think about all the new gadgets that have been released to try to make these projects go faster. I like to think that the best part of these projects is that they take time and patience. It also makes me think that women from years and years ago did the same things with so much less. I look at some of the older hand embroidered pieces I have to wonder, who did them, what was going on at the time that person sat down to take the time to create this? I wish I could go back just to see what women had worked on these projects and what was going on in their lives.
    

Till next time, keep it random

No comments:

Post a Comment