Thursday, March 28, 2013

Update on Victoria



 Victoria is doing well and will be coming home tomorrow. We are both anxious, nervous and so much more. Victoria has a mental health issue known as Borderline Personality Disorder. Right now she can not be technically diagnosed until she is 18, because in the mental health world your personality doesn't develop until you are 18. I have been reading a book called
 Stop Walking on Egg Shells, which has made so much sense of so many things from when she was a little girl until now. Victoria suffers from a very deep rooted depression that will take a very long time to help her come out of. We work together as a family to build her up so she can hopefully see what we see one day. Therapy will continue through an IOP, Intensive Outpatient Therapy,  program in Stockton 2-3 times a week. It will be a long, slow, intense process and I just have to have hope that my beautiful girl will see a light at the end of the road. 

I get asked everyday how are you doing? Well lets be honest in my 38 years of life so far this has been the most difficult thing I have gone through. Some days are better than others. I feel a lot of different emotions to be honest. I am sad she has to feel this way, I am not looking forward to driving so much, I am not ready for the financial strain this will put on our little family. I was just starting to apply for jobs and this all happened. My ever so patient husband and family say this is my job right now. We are taking it one day at a time for now and hope for the best. 

I appreciate all your messages, texts and calls. 

Just for kicks Whats for dinner?
We are having a jambalaya kind of thing I hope the kids like it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment