Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A letter to my daughter

So yesterday my 17 year old daughter asked if I would write a letter to put in a time capsule sort of thingy at school and she will open it at the end of the year. I said sure not realizing how many emotions this would trigger. I have raised a human and I'm letting her go. You need to see a picture I took of her when we went camping (which she hates).

She is the comic relief of our house. She is a free spirit and has a contagious happiness about her.

My dearest Mary,
On May 13, 1994 I started a journey with you in tow. You were such a great baby always calm, quiet and flowed with what ever was going on. When you started school I think I was more nervous than you. I watched you blossom into the most beautiful, courageous, smart young woman. You have taught me a few things too and I thank you for that. Always remember this, when you step over my door sill you have been raised. You know the difference between right and wrong, do right. Dont let anyone raise you. Become who you are meant to be. You will always have a special place in my heart. I love you.
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment